Tooele Transcript Bulletin – News in Tooele, Utah

May 24, 2005
Choking baby saved

This is a thank you letter to the people who helped us at Wal-Mart on Saturday, May 14, The two people who helped us most were Matt who works at Wal-Mart and an off duty EMT.

My daughter, myself and her three children were shopping. I had gone over to the deli to get some popcorn chicken for us to snack on. We were at the checkout trying to pay for our things when my daughter’s 18-monthold child started to choke on the popcorn chicken. All of a sudden there were a lot of people trying to help us, but the ones who helped the most were Matt and this off-duty EMT, which we have no idea who he is. But we just wanted to say thanks. You two men helped save my grandaughter’s life. Her name is Jullissa and she is doing fine.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Thanks also to the BACA people outside of Wal-Mart for helping to calm my other two grandchildren down after we left the store. They were great.

Cindy Gray & Michelle Gray

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>