Party caucus meetings will be held today, with Republican caucus meetings starting at 7 p.m. For locations, go to www.tooelegop.org. If you don’t know what precinct you’re in, go to vote.utah.gov. Democratic caucus meetings will also be held today at 6 p.m. at Clark N. Johnsen Junior High.
The following candidates have filed for Tooele County offices:
• State House of Representatives District #21: Rick Pollock, Democratic; Douglas Sagers, Republican.
• State House of Representatives District #68: Kirk Pearson, Constitution; Merrill Nelson, Republican; and Cindee Beard, Democratic.
• Tooele County Commission: Gordon T. Beals, Republican; Jonathan D. Garrard, Constitution; Brenda Faddis, Republican; Katie M. Carlile, Democratic; Shawn Milne, Republican; and Danny Marz, Republican.
• Tooele County Attorney: Scott A. Broadhead, Republican.
• Local School Board: District #1: Craig Kenneth Pitts and Kathy Taylor.
• Local School Board District #2: Julia Holt and Katie Redmond.
• Local School Board District #3: Chad Ellis, Scott Bryan and Diane Gochis Cramer.
• Local School Board District #4 : Matthew Rowley and Maresa Manzione.
(School Board offices are nonpartisan)
For contact information on the candidates listed above, please go to www.co.tooele.ut.us/clerk/Elections.htm and click on “Candidate Information.” For a list of remaining state and federal candidates, go to www.elections.utah.gov/election-resources/2016-candidate-filings.
This is our community, state and country, so get involved! If you support any of the candidates listed above, call them and offer your support. They can use all the help and encouragement they can get.
Your vote is your voice. Speak up!
Marilyn Gillette is the Tooele County Clerk/Auditor