Tooele Transcript Bulletin – News in Tooele, Utah
image A fire at a home on Brooke Avenue in Tooele was extinguished 10 minutes after firefighters from the Tooele City Fire Department responded.

February 25, 2014
Tooele home damaged from fire

A Tooele home was damaged from a fire Saturday night.

Bucky Whitehouse, assistant chief of the Tooele City Fire Department, said a neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames coming out of the front of the building on Brooke Avenue.

In three minutes, firefighters and engines arrived on the scene and the fire was extinguished about 10 minutes later, he said.

Two rooms of the house were seriously damaged, and much of the rest of the house suffered smoke damage, Whitehouse said.

No one was at home at the time. The fire was determined to have started in the front bedroom of the house, though the cause has not yet been concluded, he said.

Lisa Christensen

Staff Writer at Tooele Transcript Bulletin
Lisa covers primarily crime and courts, military affairs, Stansbury Park government and transportation issues. She is a graduate of Utah State University, where she double-majored in journalism and music, and Grantsville High School.

Latest posts by Lisa Christensen (see all)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>